New to the forum? Introduce yourself here to see the rest of the boards.
By celston
#1145 Hello everyone. My name is Chris Elston and I am moving to Oak Park next week (7/6/15) from Kalamazoo, MI, home of Bells, Arcadia and (stone's throw) Founders and others. I'm an avid homebrew and soon-to-be-remote member of KLOB (http://www.klob.org/). I've been brewing since 2001, doing all-grain for a good chunk of that time. I look forward to meeting all of you and both giving and receiving plenty of homebrew knowledge and experience. Cheers!
By Mike Sagan
#1146 Welcome Chris! We meet on the 4th Tuesday of the month in Forest Park (http://ophb.org/#calendar). Looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully you can give us some tips on improving the club from how KLOB operates.

There are a few things in the next few weeks you may want to attend.

Club Brewery Trip

Club Brew Day

Cheers,
Mike
By shawnpstevens
#1151 Mike welcome - this group has all levels so there are opportunities to both teach and learn. I hope you find the community you are looking for here, and if you want to come by to drink some beers during the move (everyone needs a re-charge on a day like that!) please give me a ring (I am in the north/central area of OP) and we can lower some of my inventory. I moved here two years ago and have felt very lucky to land in this group of passionate beer lovers. I also keenly remember how low I was on beer during and right after the move - we can support you there :^)

773-251-2125
By celston
#1185 Thanks Shawn and Mike. At the very least, I plan on making the meeting on the 28th. Sorry, I haven't scoured all of the forum and website but what's the protocol for meetings? Can we bring homebrew or just talk about it? I did end up bringing 11 or so cases of beer, mead and wine from MI so I have things to share if it's kosher.
By keith.huizinga
#1186 Welcome Chris, it's about time we got some more Michigan people in this group. As long as you're not a UM grad wel'll get along just fine. Bringing beer to meeting is definitely allowed. We have something we call Brewers corner for people who want feedback on a particular beer or just want a group discussion on it. We also have time for extra beers that people just want to share. Look forward to meeting you.

Keith
By celston
#1188 Keith, I went to Kalamazoo College but normally root for MSU for football and basketball. Do I pass the test?

I'll bring a couple things to sample. I also welcome feedback; I've got thick skin and I'm always looking to improve.